With the holiday season just around the corner, we’re likely to begin spending more time at gatherings, and enjoying the pleasantries of these get-togethers. Sometimes this means having a couple of drinks.
However, it’s important to remember that in the state of Texas, thousands of people lose their lives to drunk drivers each year, with many more suffering debilitating injuries.
In fact, Texas is ranked amongst the top 10 states for having DUI-related fatalities, which means sobriety is vital when you get behind the wheel. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case, and one person’s irresponsible negligence can have a deadly impact.
At J. Gonzalez Injury Attorneys we fight for all those who have been affected by the horrible tragedy of a DUI accident.
Drunk driving is inexcusable, and it’s important that we recognize the facts and statistics, to hopefully lower the number of accidents that shatter the lives of so many.
Facts & Statistics About Drunk Driving
- Over 1,400 Texans were killed in drunk driving accidents in 2015
- In 2015, in Texas, about 41% of all traffic fatalities were caused by drunk drivers
- In Texas, more DUI drivers die in accidents than non-DUI drivers
- In the U.S. someone is killed by a drunk driver every 40 minutes
- Drunk drivers are 11 times more likely to die in in fatal car accidents
- Approximately 35% of fatal DUI accidents are caused by drivers aged 21-24
- In 2015, over 15,000 people in Texas were injured because of alcohol-related accidents
- More than 99,000 people were arrested for DUI in Texas in 2015
- More than 71,000 Texans were convicted of DUI in 2015
- Approximately 3 out of every 10 people will be involved in a drunk driving accident
- Illegal drugs and substances contribute to 18% of all fatal car accidents
- 50-70% of drivers who have suspended licenses because of drunk driving continue to drive
- Over $6 billion in taxes is spent each year for drunk driving accidents in Texas
Involved in a drunk driving accident? J. Gonzalez Injury Attorneys is here for you.
One unacceptable decision can change the lives of families forever. A reckless drunk driver should be held responsible for their actions and the attorneys at J. Gonzalez Injury Attorneys want to make sure that you understand your rights and receive just compensation for all the pain you have suffered because of another’s disregard for your safety.
If you or a loved one have been injured as a result of a drunk driving accident, J. Gonzalez Injury Attorneys can help you to file a personal injury lawsuit, and recover compensation for:
- Medical bills and ongoing medical care
- Pain and suffering, as well as mental anguish
- Diminished earning capacity because of injuries
- Loss of past and future wages
- Additional punitive damages
Let J. Gonzalez Injury Attorneys take action and help you in your battle for the just compensation you and your loved ones deserve. Our law offices in McAllen, Brownsville, and Rio Grande City are ready to fight on your behalf.
Contact us today at 956-630-6700.